Thursday, February 12, 2009

have a heart people.....Sponsor a child today!!

Hey...recently in the press, there is this news featured in the newspaper...



When I saw this title, I was curious. As I read on, then only I realise that there is this children sponsorship going on. All this while I thought that I could only watch it in the HK movies. Now only did I realise that I could actually sponsor a child too.

I still have a very vague idea about it. So while I was working one day, I receive an e-mail. They are coming over to Penang at WOU main campus to give a talk. So I have called them up to book a place for the talk.
I attended the talk on SaturdayFebruary 5th.
Lee Sin Je and Deborah Henry gave the talk. The talk is definitely an eye opener. I learnt more about the process. How to go about sponsoring a child. After the talk, I immediately sign up to be one of the sponsors for the children. You get to choose the children from 4 countries. They are Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and South Africa. I chose VIETNAM. You can choose to pay by credit card or wang pos. Each month you will pay RM50 to them(only RM50..u can also do it right??) So in total it will be RM600 per year. cheap right?? its better u sponsor the needy children than to spend it on shopping like buying all the unwanted things right?
Ok. The RM50 you pay each month will not directly go to the children personally. Instead it will go to the World Vision organisation. they will then use ur money to build schools, tap water, well, buy clothes and all the things the children need. It acts some sort like donation but with a child assign to you. I have already paid up the RM50 and is now waiting for a photo of my child!
We are allowed to write letters to them and also buy some small gifts for them. There will also be trips organise by the World Vision where we can join to go and visit the child we sponsor...
Good right??!! We get to do charity and go travelling. We even have a child.
hahaha...interested?? just go to www.worldvision.com.my to sign up as sponsors and also to learn more on how to be a sponsor.
oh ya....if you do not want to sponsor, then u can sign up to be a volunteer. I have actually sign up for both.
Come on....don't wait anymore....put your money into good use...( i m a stingy person and yet i can do this) WHY CAN'T YOU!!

No comments: